Good afternoon everyone. Here is the MSJH weekly bulletin for 11/20/17-11/25/17.
Monday, November 20
- Bulldog Pen Meeting: 3:20 PM-3:50 PM in Room 128
- MAYC: 3:25-5:30 PM in the MSJH Library. All students attending the after school MAYC program need to be picked up at the junior high by 5:30 P.M.
- Breakfast: pancakes with sausage, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or cheese stick, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or cheese stick, fresh fruit, 100% juice, FF chocolate milk, and 1% white milk
- Lunch: pancakes with sausage, corn dog on a stick, sun butter and jelly, ham chef salad with bread slice, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, mashed potatoes, fresh baby carrots, fresh red apple, 100% fruit punch, FF chocolate milk, FF strawberry milk, 1% white milk, and bread and butter
Tuesday, November 21
- ONE HOUR EARLY DISMISSAL: 8:20 AM-2:17 PM
- No Jazz Band rehearsal
- Catch Up Club: 3:25-4:25 PM in Room 119
- Breakfast: Southwest chicken pinwheel, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or cheese stick, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or cheese stick, fresh fruit, 100% juice, FF chocolate milk, and 1% white milk
- Lunch: Southwest chicken pinwheel, breaded chicken patty, sun butter and jelly, Romaine salad with bread slice, cheese pizza, sausage pizza, green beans, fresh broccoli, fresh orange wedges, applesauce cups, FF chocolate milk, FF strawberry milk, 1% white milk, and bread and butter
Wednesday, November 22 through Friday, November 24
- THANKSGIVING VACATION: NO SCHOOL
On school days, here are the junior high routines for pick-up/drop off at Mahomet-Seymour Junior High School:
- Please use the back circle drive for pick-up and drop off. The back circle drive doors will open at 7:40 A.M.
- Please do not pick-up or drop off students before school or right after school at the front circle drive.
- For students walking to school, the front doors and back circle drive doors will open at 7:40 A.M.
- Students riding the bus will be dropped off and picked up by transportation before school and after school.
Parents: Please register your athlete on the 8 to 18 athletic website prior to any tryouts, clinics, or practice. You will also need to have a current sports physical in the office prior to tryouts, clinics, or practices.
Parents: we just wanted to remind all of you about upcoming tryouts/practice dates for athletics for the 2017-2018 school year. We will provide the actual times at a later date. A current physical must be on file in order to attend tryouts. Here are the sports and dates:
6th/7th/8th Wrestling: the first practice can be held on Monday, November 27, 2017 (NO TRYOUTS)
7th/8th Girls Volleyball: tryouts can begin on Monday, November 27, 2017.
6th/7th/8th Boys and Girls Track and Field: the first practice can begin on Monday, February 26, 2018 (NO TRYOUTS).
7th/8th Cheerleading: TBD
Intramural Basketball: no tryouts (6th, 7th, and 8th graders can participate). More information about Intramural basketball and sign-ups for Intramural basketball will start in December. The Intramural basketball practices and games will start in January. For more questions, please contact Mrs. McFarland. Her email is email@example.com
Intramural Volleyball: no tryouts (6th, 7th, and 8th graders can participate). Intramural volleyball is from 3:30-5:00 PM in the Blue Gym on the following dates: April 3, April 5, April 10, April 12, April 17, April 19, April 24, and April 26. For more questions, please contact Mrs. Dyer. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
From the office:
Students who need a pass to leave early for any reason should stop by the office after the 8:10 bell in the morning. In addition, students who need a pass to ride the bus home with another student should stop by the office in the morning or at lunch/recess. Bus passes cannot be issued at the end of the day.
Absences and appointments may be entered through Skyward Family Access under the attendance tab.
Ibuprofen and Tylenol can be purchased in the office for $.50.
- Parents may now enter an absence or appointment for their student by logging in to Skyward. Once you are in Skyward, click on "attendance", "enter absence request", "add request", then you can enter date, time and reason and hit "save". This will notify the office of the absence or appointment.
- MSJH will start Catch-Up Club on Tuesday, September 5th. Catch-Up Club is designed to offer time and help for students to get caught up on assignments, projects, etc. We will now offer Catch-Up Club every Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after school from 3:25-4:25 P.M. On Tuesday, Catch-Up Club will be located in Room 119 (Dr. Geetha’s room). On Wednesday, Catch-Up Club will be located in Room 301 (Ms. Nodine’s room). On Thursday, Catch-Up Club will be located in Room 106 (Mr. Ramirez’s room). If a student wants to attend Catch-Up Club after school, they will need to sign up for Catch-Up Club in the main office before 12:00 noon each day they are interested in attending. At 4:25 P.M., students that do not need a bus will be able to walk home or be picked up at school. For students attending Catch-Up Club that need a bus, they will be escorted to a bus at 4:30 PM and the bus driver will bring that student home. Students riding the Catch-Up Club bus home after school may not be home until 4:45-5:45 P.M. depending on the number of students riding on this bus each evening.
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
Mahomet-Seymour Junior High School CUSD #3