Good morning everyone. Here is the MSJH weekly bulletin for 2/20/17-2/25/17.
Monday, February 20
- NO SCHOOL: Presidents’ Day
- PAWS will NOT meet on Monday, February 20. We will be traveling to Middletown Prairie Elementary School from MSJH again for Lesson 4 on Monday, February 27. Pick up will be at MSJH at 5:00 pm
Tuesday, February 21
- Art Club Meeting: 3:30-4:30 PM in Room 302
- Intramural Basketball (5:00-8:00 PM in the Blue Gym)
- 7th/8th Girls Volleyball vs. St. Joseph (4:30 PM & 5:30 PM in the orange gym)
- Drama Club Practice: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Jazz Band will be performing during the volleyball game from 4:30-6:30 PM
- RAMS Club Meeting: 7:50 AM in the MSJH Library
- Catch-up club: 3:25-4:25 PM in Room 119
- Breakfast: cherry frudel, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or string cheese, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or string cheese, fresh fruit, 100% juice, and milk variety
- Lunch: popcorn chicken bowl, cheeseburger on a bun, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, chicken ranch salad, turkey sandwich, green beans, cucumber slices, fresh orange, diced peaches, bread and butter, and milk variety
Wednesday, February 22
- 7th/8th Girls Volleyball vs. Holy Cross (4:30 PM & 5:30 PM in the orange gym)
- Drama Club Practice: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM in the MSJH Cafeteria
- Breakfast: vanilla glazed donut, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or string cheese, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or string cheese, fresh fruit, 100% juice, and milk variety
- Lunch: cheesy baked penne, chicken nuggets, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, All-American Cobb salad, ham and cheese sandwich, steamed carrots, celery sticks, fresh banana, diced pears, bread and butter, and milk variety
Thursday, February 23
- PAWS Thursday group will meet Thursday, February 23 after school in Room 123 to travel to Middletown Prairie Elementary School from MSJH for Lesson 4. Pick up will be at MSJH at 5:00 pm
- Intramural Basketball (5:00-8:00 PM in the Blue Gym
- 7th/8th Girls Volleyball vs. GCMS Middle School (4:30 PM & 5:30 PM in the orange gym) (8th grade night)
- Jazz Band Rehearsal: 3:30-5:30 PM
- Drama Club Practice: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Catch-up club: 3:25-4:25 in Room 106
- Breakfast: sausage biscuit, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or string cheese, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or string cheese, fresh fruit, 100% juice, and milk variety
- Lunch: beef nachos, hot dog on a bun, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, fruit, yogurt, and cheese plate with muffin, ranch chicken wrap, refried beans, baby carrots, applesauce, grape juice, bread and butter, and milk variety
Friday, February 24
- Breakfast: biscuits and gravy, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or string cheese, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or string cheese, fresh fruit, 100% juice, and milk variety
- Lunch: diced BBQ chicken on a bun, popcorn chicken with bread, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, popcorn chicken salad, turkey and cheese sandwich, tater tots, red peppers, pineapple tidbits, apple juice, bread and butter, and milk variety
Saturday, February 25
- Wrestling regionals @ Mattoon Middle School (8:00 AM)
Parents: we just wanted to remind all of you about upcoming tryouts/practice dates for athletics for the 2016-2017 school year. We will provide the actual times at a later date. A current physical must be on file in order to attend tryouts. Here are the sports and dates:
6th/7th/8th Boys & Girls Track: March 6, 2017 (1st day of practice: no tryouts)
Parents: we just wanted to remind all of you about upcoming tryouts/practice dates for athletics for the 2017-2018 school year. We will provide the actual times at a later date. A current physical must be on file in order to attend tryouts. Here are the sports and dates:
7th/8th Girls Softball: Tryouts will be held on Monday, July 24th and Tuesday, July 25th. Tryouts will be from 5:00-6:30 PM on Monday and Tuesday. We will meet at the HS Fieldhouse. Please bring tennis shoes, helmet, bat and glove. We will have a team meeting on Wednesday, July 26th at 3:30 to announce the players that made the team. This meeting is for players only. All players that made the team will stay for a team meeting, all others are free to leave after they hear the announcement. Practices for the rest of the week will be on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Times will be announced at a later date. Usually they will either be from 8-10am or 3:30-5:30pm.
7th/8th Boys Baseball: Baseball tryouts will be Monday, July 31st, Tuesday, August 1st, and Wednesday, August 2nd from 3:00 PM-5:00 PM at the high school field. Baseball players need to be there at min of 2 days, preferred all 3 days
6th/7th/8th Cross Country: the first practice can be held on Tuesday, August 1 (NO TRYOUTS)
7th/8th Girls Basketball: tryouts can begin on Monday, August 28, 2017.
7th/8th Boys Basketball: tryouts can begin on Monday, October 16, 2017.
6th/7th/8th Wrestling: the first practice can be held on Monday, November 27, 2017 (NO TRYOUTS)
7th/8th Girls Volleyball: tryouts can begin on Monday, November 27, 2017.
6th/7th/8th Boys and Girls Track and Field: the first practice can begin on Monday, February 26, 2018 (NO TRYOUTS).
7th/8th Cheerleading: TBD
From the office:
- Parents: You have received a Skylert from Miss Landrus introducing you to your student’s choice for Essential Classes as well as Enrichment opportunities. On the Message board, in Family Access you will see that same letter with the directions so you and your student can choose the courses they want to request for the 17/18 school year. If you have questions please contact Deb Norris, MSJH Registrar 586-4415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have neighbors or colleagues that have JH students, but don’t have Family Access? Please share this information. Requests on line will be accepted until February 15th at 2:00AM. Students will then be asked in school for their Essentials selection for next year.
- Foreign Language Meeting March 6 at 6:30PM in the JH Orange Gym. Meet with the High School Staff and find out if Foreign Language for your current 7th grader is for them in 8th grade. Forms and Criteria will be provided that night and in the JH office March 7.
- 17/18 Enrichment Semester Classes, Enrichment Visual Arts ELT and Enrichment STEM ELT
Brochure and applications in the JH Office due by March 15, for 7th and 8th grade students only.
MSJH INTRAMURAL VOLLEYBALL
The intramural volleyball program is for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys and girls. There are 8 sessions of MSJH intramural basketball from 3:30-5:00 P.M. Here are the dates: April 5, April 6, April 11, April 13, April 18, April 20, April 25, and April 27. Mrs. Dyer is the sponsor for intramural volleyball and if you have any questions, you can reach her at email@example.com. Also, each of these sessions are setup in a clinic-like fashion working on basic skills. In order to participate, students must have a current physical on file. If students are interested, they will need to pick up a permission form from the MSJH office and turn this in by Friday, March 31, 2017. The fee to participate is $30.00
- The FFA Agri Science club will meet in Room 110 from 3:25 PM to 4:25 PM on the following dates: 1/23, 2/13, 3/13, 4/17, and 5/15.
Students who need a pass to leave early for any reason should stop by the office after the 8:10 bell in the morning. In addition, students who need a pass to ride the bus home with another student should stop by the office in the morning or at lunch/recess. Bus passes cannot be issued at the end of the day.
Absences and appointments may be entered through Skyward Family Access under the attendance tab.
Ibuprofen and Tylenol can be purchased in the office for $.50.
- Parents may now enter an absence or appointment for their student by logging in to Skyward. Once you are in Skyward, click on "attendance", "enter absence request", "add request", then you can enter date, time and reason and hit "save". This will notify the office of the absence or appointment.
- MSJH will start Catch-Up Club on Tuesday, September 6th. Catch-Up Club is designed to offer time and help for students to get caught up on assignments, projects, etc. We will now offer Catch-Up Club every Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after school from 3:25-4:30 P.M. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Catch-Up Club will be located in Room 119. On Thursday, Catch-Up Club will be located in Room 106. If a student wants to attend Catch-Up Club after school, they will need to sign up for Catch-Up Club in the main office before 12:00 noon each day they are interested in attending. At 4:30 P.M., students that do not need a bus will be able to walk home or be picked up at school. For students attending Catch-Up Club that need a bus, they will be escorted to a bus at 4:30 PM and the bus driver will bring that student home. Students riding the Catch-Up Club bus home after school may not be home until 4:45-5:45 P.M. depending on the number of students riding on this bus each evening.
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
Mahomet Seymour Junior High School CUSD #3