Good morning everyone. Here is the MSJH weekly bulletin for 1/16/17-1/21/17.
Monday, January 16
- NO SCHOOL: M.L. King Birthday Observance
Tuesday, January 17
- 6th Grade All-State Chorus Rehearsal at Lincoln Trail from 3:30-4:15 PM
- Photo/Video Club Meeting: 3:25 PM to 4:25 PM in Room 300
- 7th/8th Girls Volleyball @ Urbana MS (4:30 PM & 5:30 PM)
- 7th/8th Boys Basketball @ Monticello (6:00 PM & 7:15 PM)
- Jazz Band rehearsal: 3:30-5:30 PM
- RAMS Club Meeting: 7:50 AM in the MSJH Library
- Catch-up club: 3:25-4:25 PM in Room 119
- Breakfast: cherry frudel, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or string cheese, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or string cheese, fresh fruit, 100% juice, and milk variety
- Lunch: chili-garlic popcorn chicken, cheeseburger on a bun, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, chicken ranch salad, turkey sandwich, green beans, cucumber slices, fresh orange, diced peaches, milk variety, and bread and butter
Wednesday, January 18
- EARLY DISMISSAL: 8:20 AM to 1:15 PM
- Breakfast: vanilla glazed donut, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or string cheese, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or string cheese, fresh fruit, 100% juice, and milk variety
- Lunch: beef nachos, chicken nuggets, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, All-American cobb salad, ham and cheese sandwich, refried beans, celery sticks, fresh banana, diced pears, milk variety, and bread and butter
Thursday, January 19
- Science Club Meeting 3:25 PM to 4:25 PM in Room 119
- 7th/8th Girls Volleyball vs. Clinton JH (4:30 PM & 5:30 PM in the orange gym)
- 7th/8th Boys Basketball vs. Normal Kingsley JH (4:30PM & 5:45 PM in the Orange Gym) (8th Grade Night)
- Wrestling @ Champaign Edison (4:15 PM)
- Catch-up club: 3:25-4:25 in Room 106
- Jazz Band will perform at the basketball game: 4:45 PM to 7:00 PM
- Breakfast: sausage biscuit, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or string cheese, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or string cheese, fresh fruit, 100% juice, and milk variety
- Lunch: chili-garlic popcorn chicken, hot dog on a bun, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, fruit, yogurt, and cheese plate with muffin, ranch chicken wrap, steamed carrots, baby carrots, applesauce, grape juice, milk variety, and bread and butter
Friday, January 20
- Breakfast: biscuits and gravy, assorted breakfast bar flavors, assorted muffins with cinnamon toast or string cheese, assorted cereal with cinnamon toast or string cheese, fresh fruit, 100% juice, and milk variety
- Lunch: diced BBQ chicken on a bun, popcorn chicken with bread, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, popcorn chicken salad, turkey and cheese sandwich, tater tots, red peppers, pineapple tidbits, apple juice, milk variety, and bread and butter
Saturday, January 21
- IESA Cheer Competition @ Peoria Civic Center (TBD)
- 7th/8th Girls Volleyball Bulldog Invite (9:00 AM in the orange gym/blue gym)
- Wrestling (Varsity) @ Reed-Custer Middle School (9:00 AM)
- Wrestling (JV) @ Bloomington JH (9:00 AM)
Parents: we just wanted to remind all of you about upcoming tryouts/practice dates for athletics for the 2016-2017 school year. We will provide the actual times at a later date. A current physical must be on file in order to attend tryouts. Here are the sports and dates:
6th/7th/8th Boys & Girls Track: March 6, 2017 (1st day of practice: no tryouts)
From the office:
BOYS & GIRLS INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL
The intramural basketball program at MSJH is for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys and girls (who are not on the school’s basketball teams). The season will begin in February and will include a parent meeting, three practices, 6 games, and a tournament night. The cost for each player is $30.00 and participants will also be purchasing a blue and a white reversible jersey to be worn during the games for around $14. Permission form will be available in the office at the end of January and must be returned to the office along with $30.00 no later than Friday, February 3rd, 2017.
MSJH INTRAMURAL VOLLEYBALL
The intramural volleyball program is for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys and girls. There are 8 sessions of MSJH intramural basketball from 3:30-5:00 P.M. Here are the dates: April 5, April 6, April 11, April 13, April 18, April 20, April 25, and April 27. Mrs. Dyer is the sponsor for intramural volleyball and if you have any questions, you can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, each of these sessions are setup in a clinic-like fashion working on basic skills. In order to participate, students must have a current physical on file. If students are interested, they will need to pick up a permission form from the MSJH office and turn this in by Friday, March 31, 2017. The fee to participate is $30.00
- The FFA Agri Science club will meet in Room 110 from 3:25 PM to 4:25 PM on the following dates: 1/23, 2/13, 3/13, 4/17, and 5/15.
Students who need a pass to leave early for any reason should stop by the office after the 8:10 bell in the morning. In addition, students who need a pass to ride the bus home with another student should stop by the office in the morning or at lunch/recess. Bus passes cannot be issued at the end of the day.
Absences and appointments may be entered through Skyward Family Access under the attendance tab.
Ibuprofen and Tylenol can be purchased in the office for $.50.
- Parents may now enter an absence or appointment for their student by logging in to Skyward. Once you are in Skyward, click on "attendance", "enter absence request", "add request", then you can enter date, time and reason and hit "save". This will notify the office of the absence or appointment.
- MSJH will start Catch-Up Club on Tuesday, September 6th. Catch-Up Club is designed to offer time and help for students to get caught up on assignments, projects, etc. We will now offer Catch-Up Club every Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after school from 3:25-4:30 P.M. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Catch-Up Club will be located in Room 119. On Thursday, Catch-Up Club will be located in Room 106. If a student wants to attend Catch-Up Club after school, they will need to sign up for Catch-Up Club in the main office before 12:00 noon each day they are interested in attending. At 4:30 P.M., students that do not need a bus will be able to walk home or be picked up at school. For students attending Catch-Up Club that need a bus, they will be escorted to a bus at 4:30 PM and the bus driver will bring that student home. Students riding the Catch-Up Club bus home after school may not be home until 4:45-5:45 P.M. depending on the number of students riding on this bus each evening.